hot biggity blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

ANZAC writing

We have been learning about the soldiers from World War 1, and what it was like for them in the war. Today we wrote 'friendly letters' to our families pretending to be ANZAZ soldiers.

Dear Aunty Phoenix
How are you? I am fin, but I am very scared because I'm in the war fighting for New Zealand. There are lots of soldiers. I am in Gallipoli, which is in Turkey. The ground is very muddy like chocolate, and it's slippery like melting ice. My khaki uniform is very dirty. My feet feel like ice blocks. I can hear missiles booming very loud.
From your niece,
Sierra

Dear Stephen,
How are things going back there in our home town? Things are not going very well here in Gallipoli, Turkey. I have got a feeling that the war should never have started. there are a lot of adversaries and Allies at Gallipoli. The is barely any living grass. It is so depressing, but also good because we are saving New Zealand.
Your friend,
Callum


Did you spot any compound sentences?

1 comment: